Workshop: Data Management Plan Writing Lab
Workshop by Aude Bax de Keating
Knowing how to manage and organize research data is becoming one of the sine qua non conditions to guarantee the quality, durability and reproducibility of your research. Many funding agencies such as the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) and the European Commission (for Horizon Europe and ERC grant applications for instance) are now requiring that a Data Management Plan (DMP) be in place in order to receive research funding.
This workshop will offer you the keys to develop the essential knowledge, resources and skills to optimize the management of your research data and increase your chances of complying with funding agencies’ new requirements by knowing how to prepare a DMP.
The objectives of our workshop are the following:
– To acquire the fundamentals regarding DMPs,
– To discover the resources at your disposal to better get started on your DMP,
– To be familiar with the best practices regarding data management planning throughout its lifecycle,
– To grasp the benefits of these practices and better learn how to answer the new requirements from funding agencies,
– To know the best solutions to optimize the preparation, current and future refinement of your research data management,
– To learn from your community and peers as you share your experience regarding your DMP with your team members and colleagues.
Dr. Aude Bax de Keatingswissuniversities
In 2018, Dr. Aude Bax de Keating joined swissuniversities and became the Open Science Program Portfolio Manager. In 2019, she was selected by the Agence Nationale de Recherche (ANR) in Paris to become one of the youngest female open science committee experts. In 2021, she was appointed as the new co-coordinator of the Open Science Program from swissuniversities starting January 1, 2022.